I can make Pandya one of the best allrounders Razzaq

first_imgNew Delhi: Insisting that India’s Hardik Pandya’s batting technique had flaws that prevented him from becoming the best all-rounder in world cricket, former Pakistan cricketer Abdul Razzaq has offered to help improve it. On Thursday, Pandya scored a brisk 46 and shared a crucial 70-run partnership with M.S. Dhoni to help India post a competitive total of 268/7 against West Indies in their World Cup game at the Old Trafford. India came out with a clinical bowling performance as they dismissed Windies for mere 143 and registered a thumping 125 run victory. Also Read – Djokovic heaps praise on ‘very complete’ Medvedev Pandya chipped in with the ball and also took the wicket of opener Sunil Ambris. In fact, his send-off to the Windies opener became one of the talking points of the game. However, Razzaq said Pandya’s game had weaknesses, which needed to be worked upon. “Today I have been closely observing Hardik Pandya and I see a lot of faults in his body balance while hitting the bowl hard. I observed his foot work as well and I see that has also let him down sometimes,” Razzaq wrote on Twitter. “If I can give him coaching, for example in the UAE, I can make him one of the best all-rounders, if not the best. If the BCCI wants to make him a better all-rounder I will always be available,” he added. After the win against Windies, India have moved to the second spot on the points table. They will next play England at Edgbaston on Sunday.last_img read more

US mine blast Excoal CEO Blankenship at end of prison term

by John Raby, The Associated Press Posted May 10, 2017 4:35 pm MDT Last Updated May 10, 2017 at 5:40 pm MDT AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email US mine blast: Ex-coal CEO Blankenship at end of prison term FILE – In this Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015, file photo, former Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship, left, makes his way out of the Robert C. Byrd U.S. Courthouse during a break in deliberations, in Charleston, W. Va. Blankenship is finishing up his one-year federal prison sentence related to the deadliest U.S. mine explosion in four decades. According to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons website, Blankenship is set to be released Wednesday, May 10, 2017, from a halfway house in Phoenix. He must serve one year of supervised release. (AP Photo/Tyler Evert, File) CHARLESTON, W.Va. – Former coal executive Don Blankenship jumped back on Twitter on Wednesday, renewing his feud with U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin on the day Blankenship was to finish a one-year prison sentence arising from the deadliest U.S. mine explosion in decades.Even before the U.S. Bureau of Prisons listed Blankenship as leaving a halfway house in Arizona, the ex-Massey Energy CEO rattled off a series of tweets. He took swipes at a federal mine safety agency and Manchin, the senator from West Virginia where the Upper Big Branch mine exploded in 2010. Blankenship also re-offered his version of what happened at the mine.“I challenge Sen. Manchin to debate UBB truth,” Blankenship wrote, referring to the mine with initials. “A U.S. Senator who says I have ‘blood on my hands’ should be man enough to face me in public.”Blankenship was referring to an April 2014 statement from Manchin, six months before federal prosecutors announced an indictment against the mine executive.A Bureau of Prisons spokesman didn’t return requests for comment, and Blankenship was still listed late Wednesday afternoon as being at the halfway house. Blankenship still must serve one year of supervised release.Manchin said in a statement that he hopes Blankenship “chooses to do the right thing and disappear from the public eye.”Blankenship was sentenced last year for a misdemeanour conviction of conspiring to violate federal mine safety standards at Upper Big Branch, where 29 workers died. He was acquitted of felonies that could have stretched his sentence to 30 years.“I’m glad he had time to reflect on the pain he caused,” former U.S. Attorney Booth Goodwin, whose office in Charleston prosecuted the case, said in a text message to The Associated Press ahead of Blankenship’s release. “I hope he used it wisely and will come out of prison ready to make amends.”It wasn’t immediately clear where Blankenship will serve his supervised release. After his indictment, federal prosecutors indicated Blankenship owned homes in several states, and Blankenship said he lived in Las Vegas. A spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office in Charleston referred questions to the Bureau of Prisons.Blankenship’s attorney, William Taylor, didn’t return requests for comment.Former Upper Big Branch miner Tommy Davis, who lost a son, brother and a nephew in the explosion, said Blankenship should still be in prison.“He didn’t get what he deserved,” Davis said.Four investigations found worn and broken cutting equipment created a spark that ignited accumulations of coal dust and methane gas at Upper Big Branch. Broken and clogged water sprayers then allowed what should have been a minor flare-up to become an inferno.Blankenship has said natural gas, and not methane gas and excess coal dust, was at the root of the explosion. Authorities dismissed that argument.Massey was later bought by Alpha Natural Resources of Bristol, Virginia. Alpha agreed in 2011 to pay $210 million to compensate the grieving families, bankroll cutting-edge safety improvements and pay for years of violations by Massey Energy. Alpha announced in 2012 that the mine would be permanently sealed.Blankenship, 67, served most of his sentence at Correctional Institute Taft near Bakersfield, California. While there, he wrote a 67-page blog before his appeal was heard in which he called himself an “American political prisoner.”During the trial, prosecutors called Blankenship a bullish micromanager who meddled in the smallest details of Upper Big Branch. They said Massey’s safety programs were just a facade — never backed by more money to hire additional miners or take more time on safety tasks. read more