Michael Porter Jr. stays patient as playing time increases Revilla hurt his right hand in the first quarter and did not return. FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk “I think I put weight on it in the first quarter. It was either I leaned on it on the floor or I hit someone’s shoe or something like that,” Revilla recalled after the game. Despite his absence, the Fuel Masters still managed to gut out a 74-72 squeaker behind the late-game heroics of birthday boy Matthew Wright. OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson “I’m going to undergo x-ray today. There’s some swelling at the top area. I couldn’t even grip when I tried and it already felt numb earlier and now I can’t even move it anymore,” he said. Newsome sets focus on helping Bolts open new PBA season on right track Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Phoenix coach Louie Alas is hoping for the best and at the same time bracing for the worst, fearing that Revilla may have fractured his right hand. LATEST STORIES MOST READ OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Nonito Donaire vs Naoya Inoue is BWAA 2019 Fight of the Year Phoenix picked up a big win over TNT on Wednesday but it came at the expense of losing its chief playmaker LA Revilla. Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Almazan vows to comeback stronger after finals heartbreak Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Wright hit the game-tying triple with 44.1 seconds remaining before setting up Doug Kramer for the game-winner with 3.0 ticks left as Phoenix notched its fourth win in eight outings.ADVERTISEMENT Rondina asserts authority in UST’s closeout of UE Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
Sixteen women are providing statements to the Police Major Crimes Unit’s Trafficking In Persons Unit after they were rescued on Tuesday following a raid conducted in Kitty, Georgetown. The women, 14 of whom are Venezuelans with one Cuban and one from the Dominica Republic, were discovered in a house located in David Street, Kitty. The building was reportedly guarded. The security guard has since been taken into Police custody for questioning.Reports are ranks from the Unit descended on the house after reports were made that women were being forced into prostitution at a bar in the Kitty area.When contacted, a senior Police official confirmed the bust, saying, “They are suspected to be victims of human trafficking at a bar situated at Garnett Street.”Investigations are ongoing.Earlier this year, the Police launched a major sting operation at the Diamond Nightclub and Hotel on George Street, Werk-en-Rust, Georgetown. During the raid, approximately 41 foreign nationals, along with eight employees, were arrested and a quantity of narcotics was also discovered on the premises. Several persons have been charged in connection with the incident.
As a result, City Council member this week voted to mothball the portraits – but not the tradition. The plan is to purchase ready-made copies of presidential paintings on a computer disk, which can then be used to transfer the images onto more-durable vinyl surfaces, said officials, who hope to have the new images ready for display by this summer. “We’re trying to maintain the tradition,” said Councilman Hal Malkin. “It’s the Avenue of the Presidents. For more on this story, pick up tomorrow’s Whittier Daily News. LA MIRADA – Some of their faces have turned green, or are fading to white. A few noses are missing. Each July for the past 31 years, the solemn images of 42 U.S. presidents have watched over traffic along La Mirada Boulevard – known locally as the Avenue of the Presidents – from wood-framed portraits painted by the late local artist Cy Young. The unique seasonal display is possibly the only one its kind in the country, said Tom Robinson, director of community services. But now, most of the 4-feet wide, 6-feet tall portraits are clearly showing their age. Their paint is flaking away and discoloring. Even their wooden frames are deteriorating to the point where they could pose a hazard to vehicles. 165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
CALGARY — Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. second-quarter profit climbed to beat analyst estimates as higher crude prices helped to offset lower production volumes.The Calgary-based oil company says net earnings in its second quarter grew to $2.8 billion, or $2.36 per diluted share, up sharply from $982 million or 80 cents during the same quarter last year.On an adjusted basis, its quarterly earnings for the three-month period ended June 30 amounted to $1.04 billion or 87 cents per diluted share, down from $1.28 billion or $1.04 a year earlier.- Advertisement -Analysts on average had expected a profit of 85 cents per diluted share and net income of $1.049 billion, according to the financial markets data firm Refinitiv.Daily production averaged 1,025,800 barrels of oil equivalent, down from 1,050,376 in the second quarter of 2018.The higher oil price was partially offset by lower oil production volumes in the oilsands mining and upgrading segment.Advertisement Companies in this story: (TSX:CNQ)The Canadian Press The Alberta government mandated oil production curtailments that started in January, lowering production volumes and strengthening heavy oil prices.
“The CAF Executive Committee at its meeting on Friday, 30 November 2018 in Accra decided on the case of Sierra Leone in the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. Sierra Leone is disqualified from the qualifiers and all its matches are annulled,” CAF said in its statement on Monday.With one round of qualification matches left, the decision leave Kenya top of Group F with seven points, one ahead of second placed Ghana and six ahead of Ethiopia.Stars and Ghana are both through and their meeting in march next year will be merely to see who tops the group.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Harambee Stars players celebrate Eric Johannah’s goal against Ethiopia in a 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifier at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on October 14, 2018. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, Dec 3 – National football team Harambee Stars have qualified for the 2019 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) after the Confederation of African Football (CAF) made it official on Monday that Sierra Leone have been disqualified from the qualifiers.An Extraordinary Executive Committee meeting in Accra, Ghana on Friday made the decision with Sierra Leone yet to drag itself off their ban by FIFA over government interference.
DDTV VIDEO NEWS REPORT: The incredible €120M Titanic exhibition opens in Belfast today – built by a world leading building company with its roots firmly in Co Donegal.Harcourt Developments put the finishing touches to the centre this week.The company is owned and founded by Donegal builder Pat Doherty, owner of the Solis Lough Eske Hotel near Donegal Town as well as the Redcastle Hotel and Letterkenny shopping centre.Harcourt also won the contract to operate the centre which hopes to bring in 400,000 visitors every year. Click our video to see a news report from AFP on the new centre. DDTV VIDEO NEWS REPORT: INCREDIBLE TITANIC EXHBITION – AND THE DONEGAL LINK was last modified: March 31st, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:afpDDTV VIDEO NEWS REPORT: INCREDIBLE TITANIC EXHBITION – AND THE DONEGAL LINK
Donegal boss Jim McGuinness will derive little comfort from the fact Sligo could be without several key players for tonight’s important Allianz Football League Division Two encounter at Ballybofey.That’s because he know what it’s like – since the beginning of the season he has been without several players who were either tied to their universities or who were injured.McGuinness stresses that he has had just 17 fit players recently and that certainly makes him wary of the challenge that Sligo will post tonight. “Sligo is going to be a tough game, there is no doubt about that,” said the county manager.“But after the disappointment of the Dr McKenna Cup we are looking forward to it.”Noel McGee and Colm McFadden return to the squad for the game (throw-in 7.30pm).McGUINNESS WARY OF SLIGO CHALLENGE IN BALLYBOFEY TONIGHT was last modified: February 6th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
ATHLETICS: There was a tremendous turnout for the annual Donegal National Schools Cross Country Championship Finals which were held earlier today in Lifford.Hundreds participated in the finals with schools from all over Donegal being represented at the event. The future of athletics in Donegal is bright based on the evidence of today’s outing.There were a number of top-class performances and a huge number of superbly talented athlete who look destined to achieve great things if they continue to work hard and dedicate themselves to the sport.Above are a series of images from the event which were taken by North-West Newspix. Under 9 Girls1Rhíona DohertySt Mary’s NS, Stranorlar2Cashu CrumlishSt Patricks GNS, Carndonagh3Emer BreenCreeslough4Saorla Ní GhallachóirScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana5Emer McFaddenScoil Naomh Brid, Muff6Elllie CampbellGaelscoil, Donegal Town7Lucy TonerWoodlands8Ellie May McFaddenScoil Mhuire, Doire Beaga9Aoibhinn McGinleyCreeslough10Niamh RyanSt Mary’s NS, StranorlarLarge School1 St Mary’s NS, Stranorlar 49pts 2 Scoil Naomh Brid, Muff 73pts 3 Killymard NS 78ptsMedium School1 St Patrick’s GNS, Carndonagh 39pts 2 Scoil Eoin Baiste, Carrigart 70pts 3 St Marys NS, Castlefinn 86ptsSmall School1 Drumman NS 110pts 2 Acres NS 147pts 3 Scoil an Leinbh Iosa, Carrigans Under 9 Boys1Caolan McFaddenCreeslough2Oisin LynchCastlederg3Kieran JacksonScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana4Jack Sheerin GillScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana5Conor McCahillKillymard6Luke McGuinnessGaelscoil, Letterkenny7Ryan McMenaminTermon8Michael SweeneyWoodlands9Pat GallagherFrosses10Jordi GribbinScoil Mhuire, Doire BeagaLarge School1 Scoil Iosagain, Buncrana 25pts 2 Illistrin 60pts 3 Woodlands 64ptsMedium School 1 Scoil Mhuire, Doire Beaga 74pts 2 Scoil Eoin Baiste, Carrigart 87pts 3 Frosses 98ptsSmall School1 Scoil an Linbh Iosa, Carrigans 135pts 2 Acres NS 141pts 3 Scoil Mhuire gan Smal, Lifford 150ptsUnder 11 Girls1Hannah MurraySt Mary’s NS, Castlefin2Ashleigh McArdleSt Catherine’s, Strabane3Gillian ReynoldsWoodlands4Serena BarronScoil Naomh Brid, Muff5Elsa MooreMoyle NS, Newtowncunningham6Kerrie LoughreyScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana7Amy BonnerWoodlands8Harriet McCrossanScoil Colmcille, Newtowncunningham9Ellie CostelloeScoil Naomh Brid, Muff10Bronagh ButlerRasheny NS, ClonmanyLarge School1 Woodlands NS 34pts 2 Scoil Naomh Brid, Muff 44pts 3 Scoil Iosagain, Buncrana 51ptsMedium School1 Rasheny NS, Clonmany 73pts 2 Kilmacrennan NS 93pts 3 St Marys NS, Castlefinn 118ptsSmall School1 Moyle NS 96pts 2 Taobhog NS 103pts 3 Drumman NS 124ptsUnder 11 Boys1Max RoartyCreeslough2Cian McMenaminTermon3Kieran O’KaneSt Patricks GNS, Carndonagh4Keelan CollinsScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana5Corey Lee McConigleyMilford6Callum MorrisRasheny NS, Clonmany7Eoin KeeneyTooban8Harvey MullenSt Marys NS, Strabane9Rían Ó GallachóirScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana10Adam McDaidIllistrinLarge School1 Scoil Iosagain, Buncrana 30pts 2 Illistrin NS 72pts 3 St Marys NS, Killyclogher 73pts 3Dgl Killymard 124ptsMedium School1 St Patricks NS, Murlog 45pts 2 Creeslough 51pts 3 Rasheny NS, Clonmany 81ptsSmall School1 Scoil Mhuire gan Smal 122pts 2 Drumman NS 128pts 3 Acres NS 185ptsUnder 13 Girls1Katelyn DohertyScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana2Aine ByrneKillymard3Mia BaikieAcres4Alanna KeoghRasheny NS, Clonmany5Chloe McDaidScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana6Emily LangfordMoyle NS, Newtowncunningham7Megan McDaidIllistrin8Emer O’BrienBallintra9Enya GallagherSt Nauls, Keeloggs10Katie GibbonsSt Mary’s NS, CastlefinLarge School1 Scoil Iosagain 17pts 2 Illistrin NS 76ptsMedium School1 St Nauls, Keeloggs 38pts 2 Kilmacrennan NS 58pts 3 St Patricks GNS, Carndonagh 70ptsSmall School1 Acres NS 70pts 2 Moyle NS 95pts 3 Drumman NS 138ptsUnder 13 Boys1Oisin KellyKilmacrennan2Jude McCrossanScoil Colmcille, Newtowncunningham3Oisin ToyeSt Brigids NS, Convoy4Jack HolianRay5Evan KeownIllistrin6Jamie McDaidScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana7Oran KellyWoodlands8Darragh BarronScoil Naomh Brid, Muff9Cole SheridanScoil Íosagáin, Buncrana10Liam DonnellyCranfordLarge School1 Scoil Iosagain, Buncrana 29pts 2 Illistrin 68ptsMedium School1 Kilmacrennan 36pts 2 St Mary’s NS, Castlefinn 73pts 3 St Brigids NS, Convoy 74ptsSmall School1 Creeslough 103pts 2 Drumman NS 141pts 3 Acres NS 146ptsDONEGAL NATIONAL SCHOOLS CROSS COUNTRY FINALS – PIC SPECIAL was last modified: October 15th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:athleticsSport
Fabinho has reported for pre-season training at Liverpool and can’t wait to get going.The Reds signed him from Monaco in a £40million transfer earlier in the summer and now have an incredibly powerful midfield. LIVERPOOL NEWS The passion Liverpool’s plans for pre-season ahead of first friendly against Chester ALL THE INFO MACHINE time for respect Watch James Milner begin his pre-season training in true James Milner style Liverpool told they should have signed ‘special’ Jordan Pickford before Everton Henderson celebrating might just be one of football’s great sights Stat that shows Liverpool’s Henderson is England’s most important player Every single one of Liverpool’s 2018/19 Premier League fixtures REVEALED 🤙 @_fabinhotavares 🤙 pic.twitter.com/17V9Pklz79— Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 3, 2018Along with the Brazilian, Naby Keita joined an area of the pitch already containing Jordan Henderson, James Milner and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to name a few.And Fabinho said his compatriot Roberto Firmino added to the excitement of joining “one of the biggest clubs in the world”.“Firstly, [Roberto] sent me some messages saying that Jurgen Klopp had been following me for some time and liked my style of play,” he told FourFourTwo.“Then, when we were close to finalising the deal, he started giving me some tips about life in the city. He told me Liverpool was a fantastic place, just a little cold every now and again!”The midfielder said he needed little convincing about joining the club anyway and has already discussed where he might play under Klopp this season.“He said I might play in a few different positions but the plan is to use me in midfield and I’m available to play wherever he needs me. He left the best possible impression.“He told me the calendar is demanding in England and that he needs players like me. It was a huge honour to hear such a compliment and that’s what I wanted for my career – a move to a big club that knew they could count on me.“[The day I signed] was party day! [My wife and I] were both smiling at everything. I was really anxious during all of the negotiations, so when it was time for me to sign the contract I couldn’t have been happier – a dream come true.“When I was doing the medical exams, I couldn’t stop asking people, ‘When does it finally become official?’ You don’t sign for one of the biggest clubs in the world every day you know!“A club with Liverpool’s history wants you? Come on, you just pack your bags and go! It will be an honour to wear the famous red shirt. For a club like Liverpool, a good season means trophies.“Perhaps we can win the Champions League; we were so close to winning it last season. I’m optimistic about the future and I’m looking forward to winning a lot of titles with Liverpool.” One-touch rondo time at Melwood. 😮💨 #LFCPreSeason pic.twitter.com/KJojwTExX2— Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 3, 2018Speaking about Fabinho and fellow new arrival, Naby Keita, Klopp told liverpoolfc.com he is pleased to have them both there for day one of pre-season training because there is more for the new boys to learn. “They have to adapt to our style of play. We have nine games until the season starts and we will need them all,” he said. REVEALED