The program, aimed at helping people whose job or small business has been hit by the COVID-19 outbreak, has come under public scrutiny because it partners with online learning platform Skill Academy, linked to a former staffer of President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo.Read also: Conflict of interest? Public questions government’s relationship with start-upsEducation technology company Ruangguru, the parent company of Skill Academy, is led by Adamas Belva Devara, who previously served on the President’s millennial expert staff. As a result of the controversy, he resigned from his post on April 21.The program management has also been mired in controversies related to its lack of transparency in appointing the partners, as it already partnered with eight platforms when it was launched on April 11. Apart from Skill Academy, the partners include e-commerce firms Bukalapak and Tokopedia, as well as start-ups Pintaria and Sekolahmu, among others. The management of the preemployment card, a government-funded unemployment benefit and skills training program, has defended the program following public criticism over conflicts of interest and a lack of transparency, with a spokesman pointing out that the program was “direct assistance” that did not involve procurement of goods and services.The management’s director of communications, partnerships and ecosystem development Panji Ruky said on Monday that the government had determined that his office did not procure any goods or services from its eight existing partners. The decision was made based on consultations with government agencies and ministries, including the National Public Procurement Agency (LKPP).“It is essentially direct assistance,” Panji told an online briefing on Monday. “There is noncash assistance in terms of aid for online courses and cash assistance in terms of incentives to the recipients.” If the program qualified as goods or services procurement, Presidential Regulation No. 16/2018 on the procurement of goods and services stipulates that it would need to be carried out in a transparent manner.The program is now open to any organizations wanting to become a partner, as long as they meet the requirements, such as operating on a national scale, having the necessary information and technology systems and partnering with training institutions, said Panji.“We are open to all parties, there is no special way [to partner with the program], no limit on the number of partners or any specific preferences,” he added.Offering over 2,000 online courses, more than 8 million applicants had registered for the program to receive the Rp 3.5 million benefit as of Monday.Topics :
March 30, 2007PENSACOLA, Fla. – With 21 games remaining, West Florida will look to improve in the Gulf South Conference standings this weekend. West Florida will (22-17, 2-4) will host 13th ranked Alabama-Huntsville (30-9, 3-3 GSC) on Saturday and North Alabama (24-10, 5-1 GSC) on Sunday. Double header action on both days at the UWF Softball Complex will begin at 12:00 p.m. CST.West Florida is coming off a 2-2 road trip last weekend to West Alabama and West Georgia. The Argonauts are in search of consecutive wins over NCAA Division II opponents since sweeping a double header from Rollins on Feb. 11. West Florida is currently in fifth place in the GSC East Division.Ashlee Simpson (Decatur, Ala./Jefferson State CC) leads the Argonauts with a .339 batting average. She is on a season-high seven-game hitting streak and is batting .565 (13-23) during the streak. In the center circle, Emily Burge (Pace, Fla./Pace HS) and Taren Walton (Pensacola, Fla./Daytona Beach CC) have each compiled 10 wins. They have combined for a conference-high 330 strikeouts and a .202 opponents batting average.Alabama-Huntsville is coming off a double header split against North Alabama on Wednesday. Jenny Hess leads the Lady Chargers with a .358 batting average, six home runs and 22 RBI. Sage Woodham (14-3) has posted a conference-low 0.50 earned run average. North Alabama will play at fifth-ranked Valdosta State on Saturday before traveling to Pensacola.Saturday and Sunday’s games will be broadcast on Stretch Internet. To listen, click on the Stretch Internet icon on the front page of www.goargos.comPrint Friendly Version Share Argonauts Prepare for Crucial Conference Action
Hull boss Steve Bruce has admitted his side’s 3-0 capitulation to Newcastle at the KC Stadium could have jeopardised his chances of strengthening his squad in the current transfer window. But Carver now faces a “15-game season” to turn his dream job into a longer-term appointment, with club officials still expected to look elsewhere for a successor to Alan Pardew. Carver said: “I want this job and have all re-focused on what is really a 15-game season. “We are getting players back from injury and they have all got to compete and get in the team. Everybody’s re-focused because they know I am now the head coach and I hope we are going to go forward.” Carver went on to pay tribute to top scorer Papiss Cisse, who completed his long-haul return from the African Nations Cup late on Friday night and made a brief appearance off the bench with the game already won. “We got him on a train and a plane and he got here eventually,” Carver said. “He might have been a little bit fatigued, but I wanted to get him on the pitch because he had travelled and made the effort to get here. It shows you that everybody wants to be a part of it and that is a good thing.” Bruce revealed fees have been agreed for the Tigers’ two main targets – Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon and Lokomotiv Moscow’s Dame N’Doye. But, after goals from Remy Cabella, Sammy Ameobi and Yoan Gouffran gave the visitors the simplest of wins, Bruce said he would not be surprised to find either player having second thoughts. Press Association Bruce said: “Both (the deals) are up to the players themselves, and, with the position we are in at the moment in the bottom three, we are not really endearing ourselves to the two players. “The fee is agreed (for N’Doye) but there is still a lot of work to be done and that goes for Lennon too – but we hope we can bring the pair of them in. “It would certainly add to our squad but even if we don’t I am still confident the squad we’ve got can avoid going back down into the Championship.” Bruce blasted his side’s second-half performance after an encouraging start in which Michael Dawson and Curtis Davies both came close to putting the hosts ahead. Individual errors were responsible for gifting Newcastle their first two goals and Bruce acknowledged: “We simply have to stop gifting people goals like we have done in the game today. “We made an individual mistake from which they scored and up until then I thought we were the better team – then in the second half we have made a catalogue of errors for the second goal. “We need to show resilience and a bit more determination to try to rectify the situation, but if we’re honest after the second goal it turned into one of those horrible afternoons you can all do without.” The result provided a dream start for Newcastle head coach John Carver, who was handed the job until the end of the season earlier this week.